Banner

Banner
By Jake "Juice" Suk

"I started the Body Jakeover initially to lose a few pounds before my birthday. I could see results within just two weeks! My clothes fit better and I was able to fit clothes I hadn't worn since college. People were noticing my new figure and that was exciting. It gave me a new confidence."



~ Tuera C.




"After a month of the Body Jakeover workouts on my butt and thighs, I have to say I am impressed with my results. My butt is TIGHT and my thighs are RIGHT! Thanks Jake!"



~ Janice M.



"In the course of a month and a half, I lost a whole pant size by following Jake's nutritional guidelines. Usually, I would go on crash diets and then just gain the weight back, but this is definitely a lifestyle change and not a crash diet. Thanks for all your help Jake!"



~ Rose K.



Want to get, and stay sexy? Like the Body Jakeover page Facebook for the latest blog updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Body Jakeover Abs Tip #124 - Grow Your Abs

Everyone has abs. Even this guy...


If you didn't have abs, you would't be able to stand and you would topple over. However, the problem is that most people can't see their abs because they are covered in a thick layer of flab. It's a bit of a shame to think that you have a great six pack under there, but no one can see it. It's kind of like covering up the Mona Lisa with a blanket. Well, in your track to a six pack, here is a tip in a continuous series that I will begin to sporadically write that will be dedicated to sculpting the stomach of your dreams.

Jakeover Abs Tip #124 - GROW your abs

The abs are just like any other muscle. If you work them out, they will get bigger. Once they get bigger, they become more visible. This is especially helpful for those who aren't currently walking around with a 3% body fat percentage. How? The bigger your abs are, the more raised they become, allowing them to push through the flab for greater visibility. Sure, if you weigh 300 pounds, this won't help you very much. But if you're kind of on the verge of a sixer, where if you're standing in the right lighting, and you flex so hard that you feel like you're about to take a crap, that they become somewhat visible, this will give you that extra "umph".

Now onto how to grow your abs. It's simple; treat them as any other muscle. If you want to grow your biceps, you do curls with heavy weights, right? So when you're trying to grow your abs, you'll want to take weight to your abs when you're doing ab work. You can start by doing abs on an incline bench, like so...


As your abs get stronger on the incline, you can gradually add weight to grow them. You can do this by simply grabbing a 10 lb. plate (which is what I recommend for beginners to start with), holding it across your chest, and progressing with your sit-ups. Carry enough weight so that you can comfortably do about 15-20 reps, for 3+ sets.

If you can get up to 25, 35 even 45 lbs. on the incline for this amount of reps, you're one step closer to counting to six.

Body Jakeover - GET SEXY
Like us on Facebook for the latest updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page

2 comments:

  1. good post. the accompanying picture is excellent. made me wonder whether there will be a complimentary post on exercising to burn fat v. exercising to increase endurance . . .

    ReplyDelete