Quite simply, they may be blessed with a higher metabolism than you, which can be contributed to good genes. Sure, it's not fair, but that's just the way it is. If it makes you feel any better, metabolisms tend to slow down as we age, so many of those people that you hate may eventually get fat, and you can make fun of them later. So what can you do to avoid this? Well, maybe you don't have the best genes in the world, but here are some tips to help boost your metabolism to make it look like you do...
- EXERCISE: This is a given. 30 min., 3x a week is the bare minimum. The more you exercise, the higher your metabolism will be. Keep in mind though, that exercise alone isn't always enough to go eating whatever you want. There are fat people at the gym too.
- BUILD MUSCLE: Your body will burn more calories when maintaining a muscular figure, thus increasing your metabolism, even when you are not working out. Building lean/tone muscle will accomplish this, and you don't even have to get super jacked (although, why wouldn't you want to?).
- EAT BREAKFAST: Breakfast really is the most important meal, as it boosts your metabolism first thing in the morning, raising it for the day. If you eat your breakfast at your office desk, after you've already been awake for several hours getting ready and commuting to work, then it's too late to be considered breakfast, and it won't have the same effect. A good pick-up line to use at the club when talking to another healthy individual is, "So what should we eat for breakfast tomorrow morning?" Your chances of getting laid should increase.
- DRINK MORE WATER: The energy burning process of metabolism needs water in order to be effective. You've heard the 8 glasses a day rule, but who really keeps track of that? The Body Jakeover rule for water is.....pee clear.
- DON'T SKIP MEALS: A lot of people think that skipping meals and going longer periods without eating will help them lose weight. However, did you ever notice that a lot of people that say this are also kind of chubby? Taking nutrition advice from a chubby person is like taking financial advice from a bum. Eating consistently throughout the day will keep you energized and your metabolism will stay up. Five small meals a day is ideal (breakfast/lunch/dinner, with snacks in between). Obviously you will want to be eating healthy foods all day, as this doesn't work with hot dogs and pizza.
- GET YOUR B VITAMINS: B vitamins give you energy and help boost your metabolism. They also aid your body in metabolizing the foods that you eat. Some foods that are high in B vitamins are chicken, fish, nuts, bananas, potatoes, avocados and green leafy vegetables. You can also consider taking a B-Complex supplement, which will contain all of the essential B vitamins. An added bonus is that B-Vitamin supplements will turn your urine into a cool neon color when you first start taking them. Try it out and show your friends.
These are all easy things to do, and will make a world of difference. Making these little changes to your daily routine can help you get to that next level, and can also help cover you during those times that you slip in your diet and/or your fitness regimen. Also, as you get older, these tips become increasingly important, because if you don't work to boost your metabolism, you will be left to peruse your Facebook photos from years past, only to wonder why your face seems to take up more camera space every single year. Go ahead and look at your old photos right now..........see what I mean?
Body Jakeover - GET SEXY
Like the Body Jakeover page on Facebook for the latest updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page