Banner

Banner
By Jake "Juice" Suk

"I started the Body Jakeover initially to lose a few pounds before my birthday. I could see results within just two weeks! My clothes fit better and I was able to fit clothes I hadn't worn since college. People were noticing my new figure and that was exciting. It gave me a new confidence."



~ Tuera C.




"After a month of the Body Jakeover workouts on my butt and thighs, I have to say I am impressed with my results. My butt is TIGHT and my thighs are RIGHT! Thanks Jake!"



~ Janice M.



"In the course of a month and a half, I lost a whole pant size by following Jake's nutritional guidelines. Usually, I would go on crash diets and then just gain the weight back, but this is definitely a lifestyle change and not a crash diet. Thanks for all your help Jake!"



~ Rose K.



Want to get, and stay sexy? Like the Body Jakeover page Facebook for the latest blog updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page

Sunday, January 30, 2011

No Pecs, No Sex

Fitness needs diet like dating needs sex. Think about it. If you date someone, without ever getting laid, you're pretty much wasting your time right? All that hard work, and no benefits? Fitness is the same way. If you spend hours in the gym, without ever eating appropriately, those hard spent hours are going to waste.

I see it all the time. People in the gym, probably more often then I even go, busting their ass, but still looking like they haven't gotten laid in years. The problem is, most people don't know WHEN and HOW to eat with regard to their workouts, so they never get the results that they want, no matter how hard they try. Now I can't buy hookers for everyone, but I can tell you this; Follow this routine and watch your muscles grow:

- Pre-workout snack - Utilize COMPLEX CARBS for energy (fruit smoothie, yogurt, whole grains, etc.)
- WORKOUT
- Post-workout meal - Utilize PROTEIN to repair and build muscle (eggs, chicken, fish, lean beef, etc.)

You: But Jake, shouldn't I eat a full meal BEFORE the gym? That way, I'll burn it off when I work out.
Me: Stop talking.

You need to eat a meal centered around a protein, within 1 hour AFTER working out. This is when your metabolic rate is at its highest. Also, when you workout, you're essentially damaging your body, causing little micro-tears in your muscles and losing valuable nutrients through sweating. In order to repair these damages and replenish these nutrients, you need to eat protein, as well as fruits/veggies on the side. This whole damaging and repairing process is how muscle is built.

Without a proper diet and routine, you can work out as much as you want but you'll never get as lean and tone, or as jacked as you truly want to be, and you will be left frustrated, just like when you spend countless time and dollars to wine and dine a girl, only to be kicked to the curb without ever reaping any of the benefits. I mean, c'mon, you're really going to order the lobster and then just bounce? Either get the salmon or pay for your own damn lobster. That is all.

~ Body Jakeover, GET SEXY
Like the Body Jakeover page on Facebook for the latest updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment