Banner

Banner
By Jake "Juice" Suk

"I started the Body Jakeover initially to lose a few pounds before my birthday. I could see results within just two weeks! My clothes fit better and I was able to fit clothes I hadn't worn since college. People were noticing my new figure and that was exciting. It gave me a new confidence."



~ Tuera C.




"After a month of the Body Jakeover workouts on my butt and thighs, I have to say I am impressed with my results. My butt is TIGHT and my thighs are RIGHT! Thanks Jake!"



~ Janice M.



"In the course of a month and a half, I lost a whole pant size by following Jake's nutritional guidelines. Usually, I would go on crash diets and then just gain the weight back, but this is definitely a lifestyle change and not a crash diet. Thanks for all your help Jake!"



~ Rose K.



Want to get, and stay sexy? Like the Body Jakeover page Facebook for the latest blog updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page

Monday, July 2, 2012

From Puff to Buff

Many non-Koreans that I ask usually don't know what I'm talking about when I say this, but ask any Korean person what happens when you eat ramen noodles before you go to bed, and they will surely tell you that you will wake up in the morning looking a little like this....



Why is that?  Answer:  SODIUM

Sodium, or salt, is a water retainer.  This means that when consumed, it causes your body to retain water, which can make you look puffy, especially when consumed in large amounts.   Lowering your sodium intake will reverse this effect, giving you a less puffy look, as your skin will look tighter with less water being retained.  Industry Secret:  Before competitions and photo shoots, bodybuilders and fitness models will eliminate all sodium from their diets weeks in advance, in order to get that super ripped look (They don't always walk around looking THAT cut).  Now, I'm not saying that anyone needs to go to this extreme, especially since a little salt is good to have.  I am just saying that excess amounts of sodium can lead to MMS, or "Marshmellow Man Syndrome", and is overall just not healthy.  

This is also a great tip if you are trying to get that extra boost when trying to look good for a certain occasion.  For instance, if you plan to be on the beach, fit into a wedding dress, look good in a revealing outfit at a party, or just want your significant other to allow you to keep the lights on for once while you're making love, you will want to look your best, and laying low on the salt for that week, or even the day of, will help out.  As an added bonus, potassium helps to extract the water from your system, so eating bananas or even taking potassium supplements will help give you that extra edge as well when it comes to the tight skin look.  Take this girl for example....

                                             Before                                                      After

After lowering her sodium intake and upping her potassium intake for just a couple weeks, she was able to make a drastic change!
Canned foods, instant meals, condiments, TV dinners, and pretty much anything that can go a long time without spoiling are some of the biggest culprits when it comes to excess levels of sodium.  Now maybe you don't care to give up your beloved ramen noodles or TV dinners for good, but I'm sure you can sacrifice them a day or two before the beach, right?  Remember, July 4th is right around the corner.  Make your country proud.


~ Body Jakeover, Potassium - Sodium = Sexy
Like the Body Jakeover page on Facebook for the latest updates! Body Jakeover Facebook Page



No comments:

Post a Comment